Sunday, February 22, 2009

My First Post

I was so impressed with my husband Dean's blog and our daughter Danielle's blog that I had to try this out for myself. I get to brag about my family, subject all of you to my family photos (note photo) and assuage my guilt over not keeping a journal the way I should.

Today was a good day. A rainy Sunday chock full of fun things. I got up with Dean this morning at 5:15 so I could drive Alax and Alyssa to the airport for their belated honeymoon trip to Cabo. It was great fun to see them so excited and to hear their plans for their trip.


After my drive in the rain to the airport, I came home and got ready for our Regional Conference. Dean was at work today, so I picked up Dani, Sam and Hailey and we arrived at the Mormon Center an hour early in hopes of getting the soft seats up front...and it paid off. Between helping Dani and Sam entertain Hailey and taking notes, the two hours went by fairly quickly. My take on the theme of conference was for us Californians to have faith, things will get better and as one speaker put it, "don't go looking elsewhere for Zion, you have it here in your stakes and temples."


After conference, I spent the day at home, emailing, enjoying Facebook, and creating this blog. Overall a nice day, considering I am so sore from the hike we took yesterday with the Scouts that I can barely move without a great deal of pain from the old muscles. Not great for the self esteem and the attempt to still feel young, but I can only hope that all this pain will eventually lead to a healthier me...

1 comment: