Monday, February 23, 2009

Entertaining a Sick Granddaughter

Somehow Dani and I got our wires crossed... Dani asked me over the weekend if I remembered that I had Hailey on Monday. I, of course, did not. I had a dentist appointment this morning. So, I packed a purse full of fun for Hailey and took her to the dentist with me. She was GREAT! Surprisingly enough she sat in her stroller and brushed her teeth and the stuffed dinosaur's teeth. The hygienist assured me that the toothbrush was clean....well what's a few more germs right?

After the dentist, we went to gas up the car and shopped for Grandma a pair of hiking boots at REI. Hailey tried on all the kids rain boots and rearranged a few shoes on the racks. Somehow I'm sure the salesperson was glad when we left.

We came home and enjoyed our lunch while watching "Barney." Fun...fun...fun! I then spent the next couple of hours trying to convince Hailey that it was nap time. After another snack and a dose of "The Grinch", she finally decided she would go to sleep if Grandma held her and sang to her. Well it worked! She is now asleep on the couch beside me. What an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment